UNDERSTANDING NEGOTIATIONA business skill you shouldn't be without
Full day workshop
Through the use of anecdote, example and interaction, the course leaders demonstrate the strategies and tactics that can help you in any negotiating situation. There is ample opportunity for ‘role play’ to try out these techniques and approaches in a safe, supportive environment. We can also discuss and help resolve any issues attendees may have relating to specific negotiation situations, such as a supplier agreement or contract renewal.
Anyone who needs to negotiate with:
- Customers, suppliers and employers
- Staff and colleagues
- Licensees and licensors
- M&A targets
A typical workshop covers:
- Why good negotiation skills are crucial to modern life
- Price isn’t the only thing open to discussion
- Keeping your friends close and your opponents closer
- Strategies for negotiation
- Choosing the right tools for the situation
- Non-verbal communication in negotiation
- You can negotiate any time, any place, anywhere
After the session participants will:
- Be better equipped to conduct more successful negotiations
- Understand why negotiation is a core business skill
- Recognise what can and can’t be negotiated
- Appreciate the concept of ‘relative power’
- Know how and when to use a variety of negotiating gambits
FOR BUSINESS SCHOOLS & UNIVERSITIES
NICE JOB, SHAME ABOUT THE PACKAGE
Negotiation skills for the job search
Full day workshop
Negotiating a job package is in some ways very different from negotiating any other business deal: the stakes are high, it’s very personal and you’re gambling with your own money. Quite apart from that, you’re often exposed and isolated from those around you who might normally help in the decision making process. Whether you’re applying direct to a company or dealing with a recruiter, accepting the first offer that’s made is rarely the right thing to do… but how do you increase the value of the offer without pricing yourself out of the market or making other candidates look like more attractive, less troublesome propositions?
But the key point is that the tools necessary to get the best from a job package negotiation can only really be acquired through first building the firm foundation of an awareness of the psychology, interpersonal skills, strategies and gambits used in negotiation.
FIND OUT MORE
READ OUR BOOK
A guide to making – and keeping – the connections that make your, our and everyone else’s world go round.
The book walks you through everything you need to know about connecting with other people.
Judith and Tony’s goal in the book is to get away from the manipulative ‘working a room’ concept of networking. Instead, they use the results of research into human interactions coupled with real case studies to justify the hints, tips and suggestions they propose.